Thursday, December 13, 2012

Return of the Bear

Hi,

The Bear has decided to return to blogging after months of 'hibernation'.

Reality: I've been caught up in my work for a very long time, been really busy, and awfully indolent when not doing anything important. However, I have now decided to change things a little and find some time do other things as well.

For a change on my blog, I've decided to do theme-writing. For those who do not know what it means - I shall write on a particular theme, like 'this-is-what-I-do-everyday', every few days or maybe everyday. This idea has been taken from the movie 'Julie and Julia', in which the main character, Julie Powell, tries 524 recipes in 365 days from Julia Child's 'Mastering the Art of French Cooking', then she would blog about it at the end of the day. This is a true story, by the way.

Now, I won't be writing about my monotonous routine or culinary skills. I've chosen something that I find really interesting and I've wanted to do for the longest time ever. I'll go out everyday and meet some stranger, could be a beggar. I'll have a talk with them, general stuff; about them, their life, reasons for whatever it is that they do and I'll ask them if they have something to say to us. My plan is to write about 250 people by December 31st, 2013. I will start this theme-writing on January 1st, 2013. 

Considering the fact that my life is not at all perfect and that I'm fully occupied on many days, I've kept the target at 250 'GUESTS'.

These are the rules that I've set:
1. No Names
2. No Age
3. I will travel out of my city and find at least 20 people to write about.

Also, I might write about other things that will be happening around me or if something comes to mind.

Always open to suggestions. So, go ahead!

Regards,
Russian Bear.
Avete!


1 comment:

  1. HEYYY! Welcome back! I think this themed writing is a brilliant idea, and frankly speaking, a pretty good resolution too.

    Can't wait to read about your 250 guests!

    ReplyDelete

Because you must