Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Gone Away...

Missed me? I have been really really really (x 1000) busy over the past few weeks. With my crazy university timings, and this public speaking competition, Speak Up! 2011, at hand, that I told you all about, I have absolutely no time to do anything else.
University is good. There are only few other students, so I get to speak and argue on critical and debatable issues a lot more. People are nice. I've made some more friends. Since I'm doing University of London's (UoL) international programme from one of their registered institutions here in Pakistan, it is really economical and I actually enjoy studying. The institution is the same place where I completed my A' level from, so I know the place and it's people really well, and I'm the only 'old' student here, so I have to do all the teachers' work around the place. I'm doing my bachelors in Development and Economics now, I switched from International Development. This new programme is more competitive and I like my units more.
Speak Up! 2011 starts this Thursday. As I've told you all before in my last post that I'm heading the four socials of this gathering, it takes a great deal of my time and energy. This is what we're doing now:
1. Wild Wild West - dance floor, open mic performances. We'll have wanted posters up every where and our bounty hunters will be making rounds and people have to pay to have their friends arrested, who will be contained in our artificial jail and have to pay triple the amount for their release. They can get 'get out of jail' free  cards by consecutively throwing three horse shoes on a bamboo stick from a distance of 14 feet. Food will be served
2. Beach Party - dance floor, volleyball nets, limbos, bonfire, barbecue
3. Hyde Fart (Talent Show) - opens with two bands' performance, followed by different kind of performances by the participants, and a game-activity-improvisational drama session by an acting company
4. Halloween Party - dance floor, and all the Halloween related things you can imagine.
My job is to lead the socials' team and design, plan, organise, and manage these events, alongside my team.
Much much thanks to Furree Katt for designing the most amazing and wonderful WANTED posters for the first event. I'll upload the pictures for it soon and everyone must see how awesome she is. Her work looks totally professional. It was jaw-drops-to-the-floor kind of work. It is THAT AMAZING. 
It is 4 52 am, and now I'm sleepy. I shall go to bed now. 

Take Care
Russian Bear (that rhymes, haha)

9 comments:

  1. Hey good to hear that you have been so caught up with work. I am trying desperately to get a spot to perform in Zabmun's social gatherings and also in Rockistan 2. Also, I just read that you are organizing certain social events involving music aswell. If you are interested in looking for someone who can do a solo acoustic performance, do let me know. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. cow! i'm going to post the pictures on my blog. and they don't look that good ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same institution??? Isn't it boring??? I mean u know same old teachers, same old building and stuff :P

    I like developmental economics. Its really interesting.

    Good luck with your programme :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i am a part of that programme, :P
    ya u knew that :P
    the best part.
    went to none of the training sessions and now i am the blankest guy in that entire program
    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  5. @meku meku - you're in! for sure.

    @Furree Katt - I meant the pictures I'll take at the event

    @Aliza Khan - My school is of the only two schools in Pakistan with a heritage building. This was one of the reasons to choose it for my A' level. I love that place, that garden and everything. Other than Economics, teachers are different.

    Developmental Economics is one of the twelve units I'll be studying over the course of 3 years. I'll have it next year, so I don't really know if it's interesting.

    Thanks!

    @Ateeq Mughal - I know that, son. You'll see its effects in the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. This sounds pretty cool.
    My friend is studying law from Lecole.
    Best of luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey i wanted to know how one can volunteer abroad in pakistan...having a hard time getting in contact with organizations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah. Being busy is better than having nothing to do na? That gets monotonous otherwise.

    Glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Because you must